7 Essential Wedding Planning Tips for 2020
by: Jay Chandler
1. Choose a venue and book it far ahead of time
This is important for a number of reasons. When it comes to choosing a location that is perfect for your ideal wedding, chances are a ton of other people could be looking to book that space or building for various purposes as well. At The Pavilion At Vida Bela, we offer an easy and quick booking process so you can make your special day the most memorable day ever.
2. Set a realistic budget for your wedding and do whatever you can to stick to it.
Of course, your wedding is, or definitely will be the most important day of your life; the day you marry the love of your life, and I got it, budgeting can be a headache. According to chron.com, the average cost of a wedding in Texas is $11,177. Not only that but Houstonians specifically are spending more on engagement rings, wedding gowns, florist/decor, cakes, and venues.
Sit down with your spouse, parent, or a previously married friend or family member and listen to their experiences on budgeting for a wedding to improve yours based on some of the positives and negatives you learned from them.
3. Set a detailed timeline. This is just as important as proper budgeting.
Many people book their weddings up to one year in advance thinking they will have a ton of time to get things done. More times than not, this isn’t the case since the special day often comes quicker than one might think. Come up with detailed lists of:
1. All the decisions that need to be made with deadlines for each of them.
2. The feeling and vibe you want to experience from your wedding. Do you want a boho free-spirited feel in the atmosphere? Specify if in your plans/goals.
3. Remember weddings require booking things in advance. Before to take note of things you will need to book and book in advance.
4. When preparing food for the wedding, think of your guests and some of their preferences.
Let’s say Thai curry is your favorite dish. That's awesome, but it might not be everyone else favorite dish. Be sure and have food that is suitable for at least most of your wedding guests. Though this day is about you, you also want everyone else to have fun and enjoy the food. Their joy increases your joy. Nowadays, we have a lot of vegans, flexitarians, vegetarians, etc. Keep that in mind when it comes to your guests' dietary preferences by providing options.
5. Assign someone to be in charge of your wedding on the day of.
The last thing you want is to be stressed out on your big day. Find a reliable friend or family member, perhaps someone who has already had their wedding and who is thoughtful when it comes to detail-oriented things. make sure you can trust this person fully that way you have nothing to worry about on your big day.
6. Always have a backup plan for the things that matter the most to you for the wedding.
Things can always go wrong at a wedding. It can rain when its not supposed to rain, or someone who you trusted to bring the cake drops when delivering it to the wedding. It has happened to people in the past and it will happen again. It is important to always have a backup plan in case these things do happen. What elements of the wedding besides your significant other matter to you most and what can you live without? Be sure to write this on paper, and brainstorm how you will adapt if something were to go wrong with something you had planned for the wedding.
7. Send out early invites.
People are getting busier and busier every day, and most people need to plan to have the opportunity to attend weddings. Let them know once you are sure you will be having a wedding and where the venue will be at, that way they can plan accordingly.